Every year since I was about ten my family and I have gone to see the Nutcracker. Seriously, it just isn't Christmas without it. I remember vividly coming out of the show, entranced by the magic of Russia and Christmas and dancing and beauty, and being so very taken with the cityscape. It was snowing, and the snow swirled softly against the blackened night sky. All around glowed city lights and I could hear the clip-clopping of the horse-drawn carriages. To me, it was magic.
So this year, after finding out the Nutcracker was no longer a possibility, we decided to check to see what the Lied Center had to offer. It turned out to be a great concert that definitely helped us to get in the Christmas spirit! There was even dancing from the Nutcracker! And they played my favorite song, Sleigh Ride. :)
Although I wasn't able to continue my Nutcracker tradition this year, Lincoln certainly had a lot to offer. The city was so beautiful with its lights...traffic lights, storefront lights, Christmas lights...they were all pretty. The concert provided a magical feeling for sure! As Christmas day nears, the Christmas spirit continues to grow...all we need is some snow, right? Hmmm...maybe I'll blog about that later. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment