Monday, December 6, 2010

It's a wrap.

Lately it seems I've been doing lots and lots of present wrapping. But thankfully for me, it's always been something I've loved to do. Really, if I could have a career wrapping gifts, I totally would. Well, maybe not for life...perhaps then I wouldn't love it so much anymore. :P

A fond memory of mine is of my aunt Gina teaching me how to curl ribbon. This was a huge deal! Usually scissors were off-limits, but for once I was told to pick them up and put my fingers dangerously near the blades to make ribbon curly! Oh man. Curling ribbon was definitely a hobby of mine for about a week.

One thing about wrapping presents that drives me completely crazy, though, is hair. Why is it that a hair ALWAYS happens to get stuck under your tape? You have a perfect package, so neatly encased in such pretty paper...and suddenly you see it. A hair. You try to pull it out from under the tape, but that is only successful about half the time. Your next option is to try to see if you can peel the tape back, remove the hair, and press the tape back in place without tearing the paper. If this doesn't work, the hair may have to just be left be...definitely not cool! I was complaining about this the other day, but then I realized that, while wrapping my presents, I was sitting on the floor where I brush my hair every day. Hmph. I guess I'll move elsewhere for the rest of my presents...such an ordeal!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...